Subject: [Leica] O How many of us Ore there on the List - O Series Users
From: Mark Kronquist <mak@teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 12:53:33 -0900

I acquired an O just before the new year and have Oxposed three or four
rolls thus far. The non self-capping shutter is the trickiest part of
otography. I have probably blown 1/10 of my exposures by forgetting that
little leather gizmo...speaking of which someone in another NG posted that
spools and caps will be hard to come by in the very near future...

Leica USA has spools but no caps though they are expecting some.

Size...great

Esthetics...very cool

Public recognition...none been in plenty of Starbucks, too

Image quality...great

Handling...demands introspection

Finder...okay

Anyone know the total built? Projected run was 4,000 but stopped way short
because of slow sales.

Price watch? According to some, Leica USA is shedding so called demos for
dealer cost of 1250 or so with retail of 1399 or so (my demo had barely been
handled)

Mark