Subject: Re: [Leica] Adam Bridges PAW
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 17:50:15 -0600

on 1/6/02 4:02 PM, Adam Bridge at abridge@mac.com wrote:

>> The mothers expression works in the photo. The boys seems to be in the
>> middle of something so it feels odd to look at. It would work better if the
>> heads didn't overlap vertically as they do. Moving to one side or the other
>> or waiting for them to get into a better position if that was possible. Did
>> you take more than one shot? I always try to take at least two if not more
>> when allowed. You already did the hard part...asking! Now shoot until you
>> feel your intruding or they say "we have to go now" ;)

> It was such a transient situation I felt lucky to have captured that moment.
> I understand what you're saying about shooting more - I guess I'm sensitive
> about being TOO invasive.

I am also, it's a self conscious thing... I think as long as you asked
before hand, and the mother seems very happy to oblige, that it's ok to snap
a few even if you just shifted left or right w/o refocusing or anything. But
one shot is almost never the right shot if you take two you get a choice :)
Almost every time I get that one shot back I regret that I didn't take a few
more when I had the chance.

> I was up close and personal while I was taking the
> picture and I'm very aware of not wanting to spoil their moment to get my
> picture. I think this is something I need to work on.

To us the shooter it's a moment because we 'see' it. To the subject I think
it's just part of an event, the trip to the aquarium. I'll work on it with
you trying myself ;)

- --
John
Chicago, IL