Subject: Re: [Leica] wanted: daylight slide printer - the future of art as we know it probably depends on you
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 19:41:18 -0600

on 1/8/02 4:12 PM, Kyle Cassidy at KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu wrote:

> i was just thinking -- you know what's wrong with my work? the biggest
> problem with it? (apart from the fact that it sucks and that it's
> exploitative of women and dogs and has been called a "crime against culture"
> by the boston globe [jerks].) the biggest problem with my photography is
> that it's too accessable. any yutz with $2500 can buy one of my prints at
> southby's and that is a crime. my work should be far more exclusive for a
> much more upscale bruno-magli-wearing crowd, lets call them "the chablis and
> bree" crowd. so i think i want to start making 1 of a kind art pieces in the
> form of polaroid transfers. just wondering if any luggers happen to have a
> vivitar slide printer sitting in a garage somewhere they'd like to part
> with.

Hmmm, I had one of those things...I was going to make one of a kind greeting
cards back in 97 but never did...I think the polariod films expired but that
could add to the one of a kindness... Now where is it...new in box... It may
have got caught in one of the many floods I had downstairs here... I
remember the image transfer kit did... I'll look around more...
- --
John
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com