Subject: Re: [Leica] Arne's PAW #2 for 2002 (goth alert!)
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 10:17:53 -0600

on 1/9/02 1:18 AM, Arne Helme at Arne.Helme@stelvio.nl wrote:

> My personal criticism of my PAW #2 is the following.  Firstly, it is not a
> posed photo.  As I said above, it was that short moment of reflection that
> caught my attention.  Secondly, light was reflecting off the bar desk and
> adding some nice light to her face.  My main problem is, as some of you also
> pointed out, the ash tray in the lower right corner of the photo.  It may look
> as she is staring at it.  If it is removed or cropped away, the subject just
> stares into emptiness.

But being caught in a moment of reflection IS best conveyed staring into
emptiness...right? I mean when I "reflect" daydream, or space out I look
like it ;) There is nothing I should be looking at. Having an object thatıs
in her link of sight detracts from that reflection moment because the viewer
might be thinking she IS looking at the ashtray. If you take it out the
viewer doesn't get the chance to go there...
- --
John
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com