Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: was Difference between Leica meter now How do you Carry your setup
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 13:18:56 -0500

This sort of question is asked so often I can't help but wonder whether the
folks asking it have ever seen a photo of, say, a PJ at work. Or seen a
movie such as Under Fire? If one is doing anything other than working in the
studio, shooting rocks and trees, or shooting the grandkids, multiple bodies
become pretty much a given - otherwise you are fumbling around changing
lenses all the time - unless you are one of those amazing people who only
uses one or two lenses all the time....

When I am on a job for the day I am usually either carrying, or have at arms
length, three M6s mounted with a 21, 28 and 35 mm lenses, and one or two
Nikon F100s, with 60 2.8 Macro and 85 1.4...Two Leicas around the neck, and
the other cameras over shoulders or on the floor. It may sound like a lot,
or sound confusing, but it's not.

And, of course, there are also periods during the day when I am basically
using a single M, usually with the 28 or 35, or maybe just the F100 with the
85, with the other cameras collecting dust on the floor.

B. D.