Subject: [Leica] [OT] Messed up first roll during processing...?
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 20:30:50 -0600

Ok, so I thought I did ok on processing my first roll of B&W in a long time.
Guess not.

On the negs there are a lot of tiny black flecks on or in the emulsion. They
are mostly toward one side (edge) of the neg. They are not even across the
whole neg like another list member showed a few days ago on the seagull
shot. It's not dust or dirt as far as I can tell because it does not lay on
top of the emulsion this looks like part of the actual layer. Could it be a
wash or fixer issue? It seems odd being mostly on one side of the strip and
not even all over. So I was thinking about the wash not getting to the
bottom of the tank as much as it should have?

The second thing is some nasty scratches I got down the protective layer...I
have no clue how they got there! My only guess is the Kinderman film loader
I used to put it on the reel but I have not ever seen this in the past when
I used it... Next roll I will not use it...

A small sample is posted on the page below and there is a link for a full
size scan if you want a close up (960k) Downloading the full size to your
desktop is the best way to check it out...

http://slideone.com/PAWimages/badneg.html

Thanks, any thoughts appreciated...
- --
John