Subject: [Leica] Re: [OT] Messed up first roll during processing...?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 19:13:34 -0800

At 08:30 PM 1/9/2002 -0600, John Straus wrote:

>... Next roll I will not use it...

Very smart move.

Black specs look like a very dirty final rinse. Did you squeegee the film
after photoflowing in distilled water? By dipping your index and middle
finger in the distilled photoflow solution and running your hand down the
hanging film, the film going between those two fingers which act as a squeegee?

Everyone I have ever darkroomed with over the past 50 years, as well as
myself, does this to remove excess distilled photoflow water. Because of
this, I have never (repeat - never) had a bad film dry. Always clean,
always spotless. Of course, film must be dried in a clean, dustless room or
dryer. I currently use a JOBO Mistral II drier but for years I used one I
made from a plastic zippered large garment bag, holes in the bottom and
top, and a very small wattage light bulb, mounted on a board, in the
bottom. A filter, such as a piece of foam over the holes in the bottom. Air
comes in the bottom and out the top.

Jim