Subject: RE: [Leica] grey market and warranties
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 23:10:44 -0800

I think, Rich, that what you said is correct... Life is too short.

Yes, it is not fair
Yes, Leica USA and Leica Germnany are messing with my head,
Yes, it is an internal issue that Leica makes OUR ( the consumer) issue.
Yes, in the eyes of the consumer it all sucks.

But bottom line, it is the way it is.

Buy Leica Passport, USA.

As for "other" repair places.. so who is going to upgrade your body to the
latest model features, free of charge, while the camera is under warranty?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net