Subject: Re: [Leica] Arne's PAW #2 for 2002 (goth alert!)
From: Arne Helme <Arne.Helme@stelvio.nl>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:47:28 +0100

Richard,

the reason I decided to display uncropped photos was actually to make a rod
for my own back :-)!  We are all here to learn, aren't we?  By displaying the
uncropped photo I have received many good suggestions (including yours,
thanks!) on how the photo could have been improved when it was shot and later
when being processed/printed.  That's exactly what I wanted.

I have made a new scan of the negative and managed to improve details in the
neon signs a lot without burning them in.  This time, however, I decided to
work on a 48 bits scan, and that enabled me to control the brightest areas of
the scan in a much better way.

About the ashtray.  My wife suggests that I make a compromise and leave only
half of it in the photo... :-)!

- -- Arne