Subject: Re: [Leica] Leni Riefenstahl Site
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:51:58 -0700

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc James Small" <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 1:28 PM

> At 11:14 AM 1/10/02 -0700, Tim Atherton wrote:
> >It is interesting how many of the big industrialists and business people
who
> >were closely identified with the Nazi Party and who kept the Nazi war
> >machine and coffers afloat, were allowed to be "rehabilitated" after a
short
> >while following and continue doing what they always did. Many a lot older
> >and more mature at the time of their "misguided association" with Hitler
et
> >al. Whereas Riefenstahl has never been allowed to do this.
>
> Krupp, maybe.  Who else falls into this category?
>
> Marc

Krupp was the main one I was thinking of, and maybe Speer in a different
sort of way - which is why I added the comment about waiting for you to
weigh in with the details - I know this is one of your areas of expertise!

BTW - I came across an article from an old friend  from the Military Police
who is now the Senior Scenes of Crime Officer for the South Wales
Constabulary. Turns out he was the SIB Warrant Officer/SOCO on duty when
Hess died in Spandau and dealt with it - interesting. Some interesting
theories about what finally drove Hess over the edge....  (BTW - RMP SOCO's
all used Nikons for their scenes of Crime work then.... back OT - it's where
i learnt my darkroom work!)

Tim

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (RE: [Leica] Leni Riefenstahl Site)