Subject: [Leica] patch flare
From: Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:33:16 -0800

I was reading some messages on the LHSA regarding M improvements and
someone
mentioned the following:

>5.Put back the condensor lens that used to prevent the RF flare.

Is this a change that occured when Leica went from the M3 style
rangefinder
system to what ended up in the M2, or was this something that happend
with
the advent of the M6? I have a M6TTL .85 and I must say that out here in
sunny California I'm suffering from chronic patch flare (yes, I do keep
the
finder windows clean). I've heard that the M6 .72 and .58 are less flare
prone
and the M4 even more so. Is there any truth to this? I am thinking about
getting a .72 as a second body and this would be a deciding factor. I
can
live without the built in meter of the M6 series, since I almost
exclusively
use a handheld meter.

thanks,

feli