Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [OT] PAW - Week 2 - Slide One
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:18:57 -0600

on 1/11/02 11:08 AM, Eric at ericm@pobox.com wrote:

>> Self Crit: I like the main tree's top being cut off and having the shadow
>> reveal the details. It might help if the brightness of the upper right
>> corner was toned down. The image seems a little flat...

> Why not tone down the brightness and increase the contrast a bit before
> posting if you think those are flaws?
> If you were to say, "I wish the light
> were coming from a different angle," I could see where you can't change
> that.  Correct what you perceive to be the correctable flaws first!  :)

Notice I say might and seems, this means I'm not sure. In stating these
points it makes it easier for others to agree or disagree to things that I
think might need adjusting (If they can be). Most all the brightness,
contrast, and cropping are done before I post. Now what I haven't learned
how to do is work dodge & burn and get good results. Without that it's hard
to get an image looking optimal

> I think you're right.  The top of the tree shouldn't be cut off.

That's not what I said.

> It is flat.

Ahh, see feedback to a specific comment I originally made :)

- --
John
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com