Subject: RE: [Leica] New Leica M
From: "Jay Burleson" <jayburleson@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:49:56 -0800

Snipped from the Leica Forum:
>Yes - We all knew this a while ago (The Leica Rep here had written specs
from Leica a few months ago!) BUT ....Just think ..IF the initial specs are
correct.... (and they may not be)
1-A higher speed shutter with higher flash synch, but the downside; Possibly
all electronic and less reliable than the time proven rubberized cloth.
2- A full hinged back - maybe nicer to load, but definitely not as tough as
a one piece shell.
3 - Arp. Priority - Nice - I like that - BUT if I need automation, I'll pull
out an R8 or use a Hexar body.
4-Built in motor - Nice - but again I can add a motor to my M6 or if I need
a motor, most likely I should be using an R for the shoot.
All in all - Leica HAS to do this, they need to keep "up to date' in order
to sell cameras. I just hope that the M^ sticks around for a while, and does
not follow the demise of the R6.2 sooner than later.

Jay Burleson
"It is now the moment when by common consent we pause to become conscious
of our national life and to rejoice in it, to recall what our country has
done for
each of us, and to ask ourselves what we can do for our country in return. "
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
UPDATED 5-30-01: http://www.jayburleson.com/

Any word on top shutter speed - or flash sync?

B. D.