Subject: Re: [Leica] Leni Riefenstahl Site
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:58:46 EST

In a message dated 1/11/02 8:53:13 AM, cmbrow@wm.edu writes:

<< At 11:46 AM 1/11/02 -0500, Chandos Michael Brown wrote:

>Reinhard Gehlen, most notably? Alois Brunner?  Nearly every serious history

>of immediate postwar US espionage activity in Europe substantiates BD's

>claim.  What's your counter-evidence?

In a message dated 1/11/02 9:49:17 AM, msmall@roanoke.infi.net writes:

Gehlen was Wehrmacht and not SS, although the agency for which he worked

came under the SD from 1944 onwards.

Marc

Marc,

So, let's see if I understand this.  BD says SS people were used by the CIA
for anti-commie stuff.  You say, in a most arrogant manner I might add, name
names.  Someone names Gehlen and you say, wrong, Gehlen was Wehrmacht, not
SS, therefore....what?  Gehlen wasn't therefore a bad guy?

First off, General Reinhard Gehlen worked in hand with a number of Eastern
fascist organisations, including the Iron Guard, Vanagis and Ustashe.  (for
those who aren't aware, these fascist groups were responsible for a number of
war crimes against Jews, anti-nazis, gypsies, communists and the like).

In 1946 Gehlen was returned to Germany (after in violation of the treaty of
Yalta he had been removed to VA by the US) to set up the Gehlen Organization.
 At least several hundred SS and German Army officers were released from
camps to join this US sponsored intelligence, and insurgency group directed
against the USSR.  Operation "Sunrise" used ex- SS General Burkhardt (amongst
others) to train thousands of other anti-communists.

The Gehlen Org included Alois Brunner, who someone has listed, but you forgot
to address.  For those that don't know, Alois was Eichmann's deputy chief.
Someone else named Klaus Barbie, the Butcher of Lyon, but I saw no
acknowledgement on your part. I'm adding SS major Emil Augsurg.  Augsburg was
an SS officer at Wannsee Institute, a lovely little institute that helped
plan the Final Solution.  Instead of being returned to Poland where he was
wanted for war crimes, he was hired by US taxpayers.

I think part of this thread asked for folks to name names.  Names have been
named, so the spreading of the most specious of fables by BD is really NOT an
issue.

Now if someone is wanting to be an apologist for Nazi's or war crimes that's
an entirely different matter...or do you really have some other point you'd
like to make?

- -kim