Subject: [Leica] New Leica M
From: "Gwen & Jim Long" <jimlong@inwave.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:12:24 -0600

Let's think about what this will be.  It seem to me that the shutter speed
will be selected automatically byt the camera, because that is how all the
current lenses can still be used.  You set the shutter speed dial  to "A",
then center the light meter LED's with the aperature ring.  Hopefully the
shutter speet will be displayed in the viewfinder.

I wonder if the current shutter mechanism can be used, or if an electric
moter is necessary to move the focal plane shutter, in order to get a
shutter speed of 1/373 or 1/17 second, for instance.

And we all moaned about battery useage in the M6TTL!

Jim

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] New Leica M)
Message from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] New Leica M)
Message from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] New Leica M)