Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW #2
From: "she's 18; he's 31" <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 21:29:50 -0600

bd:

> Brad - No. 1 is very nice. My only suggestion might be to pull back
> just a
> bit from the young woman, creating a bit more of a sense of isolation.
> But
> that's a matter of taste - as is almost everything. ;-)

i'd have to have a 35mm for that, as i was against the wall when i took
that shot.  i'm finding that the 50 is often tighter than i want.  i'm
thinking of getting a voigtlander 15mm.  our tamron rep is also a
voigtlander rep, and i can get a good employee purchase on it.

> No.2b is really wonderful. A great catch, well framed - like the curves
> on
> the sidewalks, the posture.

thanks.  the posture is because the woman left her coat in the car and
was hurrying, all hunched up, to get into the mall and out of the cold.
i'm actually a bit surprised at how well everyone seems to like this
shot.  i just put it up as an afterthought when it had been sitting on
my desktop for several days.

> And Delete 2a. It doesn't belong on the same page or in a collection
> with
> the other two.

well, i'm not going to delete it.  i want to leave all the lug pics up.
but i appreciate the criticism.  i think, on that shot, i'm guilty of
what gary winogrand tried to avoid by waiting such long periods to print
his pictures: having himself influenced by the way he felt when he shot
the picture.  when i shot that picture, my wife and i were walking
through sears behind a big group of alternateens.  that kid got in the
bed, as if he were going to sleep, and then got really embarrassed when
he realized i was taking his picture.  it was a funny moment, and i
guess that makes me like the picture for reasons no one else can see.

best,
brad

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly
http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=190241

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg

When I get depressed, I just look at our two wiener dogs.  You'll never
see more of a can-do attitude in a can't-do body than a wiener dog."
	--Kevin Kling

Rap is a continuation of the Sex Pistols; it's quite obvious.
	--John(nny Rotten) Lydon