Subject: RE: [Leica] NEW M7 MAJOR CROCK-POT CROW PARMESAN
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:22:03 -0800

Here is the giveaway..... you can not synch an electronic flash that has a
duration of 1/10,000 or faster of a second with a moving slit shutter, where
the open time passing through any part of the frame is on the order of
1/1000 of a second......unless the shutter is electronically timed with the
flash in the manner that Mark reports.... .... This shutter is something
very different than the M6 and previous shutters....or we got bum info.....
This could be done with a Copal between the lens shutter.. remember the
Leica Compur?  IN fact that is a darned good idea.. put a BTL shutter in the
camera instead of a focal plane shutter.....I like it!

Different batteries?  those impossile to find 123 batteries?  Stay
tuned.....

Why PMA?  If Leica's chief market is amateurs with $$$  , which is what we
all guess, then PMA is just a rather strange place to announce a new
camera... OTOH, the free advertising is pretty good......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] NEW M7 MAJOR CROCK-POT CROW PARMESAN)
Reply from John Hicks <jhicks31@bellsouth.net> (Re: [Leica] NEW M7 MAJOR CROCK-POT CROW PARMESAN)