Subject: Re: [Leica] John Strauss PAW2
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:16:55 -0600

on 1/13/02 8:39 AM, Don Dory at dorysrus@mindspring.com wrote:

http://slideone.com/PAWimages/week02.02.html
> John, I have looked at your main shot many times.  I think it is a good
> concept just slightly off.  I like the echo of the tree but think that a
> little more repetition would make it stronger: in most of these corporate
> plantings they plant several trees at equal intervals.

Heh, Chicago has few trees in the city especially in the older industrial
neighborhoods :) I don't think adding more would help any just dilute the
effect, of course it depends on placement. I like simplicity in 'graphic'
shots. What I see here is 3 windows, 2 trees, & 1 door... Just think, shot
with a 28mm, how much more clutter would be in there along with the extra
tree if there was one unless cropped more panoramic...

> I also think some other element needs to be added, probably not a person but
> maybe the shadow of a car going by.  I know, I know I'm not there and...
> However, looking at others work sets off the creative juices.

I thought the same thing mostly with a person keeping the added element
small.

Thanks for the feedback. Same to the others who have commented.

- --
John
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com