Subject: Re: [Leica] Robert Stevens' PAW Wk 2
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 01:46:42 -0400

Chandos:

There are a few more pictures of Gordon and my wife on the roll, but I
think the Lug can handle only so many kid pictures.

  I also went out and took some pictures in the snow.  Can't figure out how
to do a decent scan of them though.  In one shot I tried a 135mm
Hector.  It really wasn't up to par with the current Leica lenses.  There
was not much details to the buildings and trees in the distance.  It would
resolve the windows and the doors, but in the same situation, my 105-280
would resolve the individual shingles.  I am still looking for a f4
Tele-Elmar to use on the M now that I have seen how the Hector performs.

I used the Hector for some head and shoulder shots and it did a decent
job.  It just doesn't put enough detail on the film for the more distant
scenes.

Regards,

Robert