Subject: [Leica] re: silent camera
From: "kyle cassidy" <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 00:55:50 -0800

>Just wish someone at Solmns would realise that a truly
>silent camera would be a huge boon to all the wedding / candid /
>courtroom / film-set photographers out there.

fwiw, my digital camera is so silent that they added an audible
"beep" so that you would know that the picture got taken. i frequently
shoot with it in the quietest of situations.

that said, the leica is pretty darn quiet too. at work i shoot a lot of
people lecturing. for the first, maybe 30 seconds, i blast away with a
nikon and long lens, but then i switch to the m's and they never
seem to notice that i'm still shooting.

it's odd, because it would seem a dreary sort of photography, but
i don't mind it. i always have a good time, especially when i
have an M in my hand and spare film in my pocket....

kc