Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: To crop or not to crop
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:11:07 -0800

Jim Brick wrote:
>>> About cropping.
>
> The difference between really good photographs and just ordinary
> photographs is the composition, the simplicity, how you are drawn in to
the
> subject, that your eye's are not pulled away from the subject by
> bright/cluttered ancillary objects around the periphery, etc...<<<<
CLIP...

Hi Jim,
A solid piece of advice for those who wish to shoot it as they see it and
then leave distracting elements in the frame actually spoiling their
efforts.

This type of "no cropping" sure wouldn't work for shooting the Olympics or
many other sports events because the photo positions don't afford the ideal
location and one must learn to live or die with cropping .

Thanks for a great description, if I may, could I use it or parts of it for
a photography school lecture presentation next month? Thanks.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Re: To crop or not to crop)