Subject: Re: [Leica] 28mm Summicron
From: bampolsk@csc.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:43:05 -0500

From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
>>Just my own opinion. The 28 is kind of an orphan.
Unless one does not have a 35, then from 50 going to
28 would fill the gap. But anyone having a 35 would
want either a 21 or 24 instead of the 28.

wrote:
> B.D.:
>
> What do you think of the 28mm Summicron?

It really depends on what you are doing with the lens.  Much of what I do
is archaeological photography, and for that I can't think of a lens I'd
rather be using than the 28mm Summicron.  In my opinion, 28mm is the ideal
focal length for archaeological photography, and the Summicron is without
peers.  It's pretty much my standard lens on my M6TTL.

Again, it depends on what you are doing.

Brian

Brian Ampolsk
Sikorsky: 203.386.4012
Cell:         302.559.0990