Subject: Re: [Leica] Michael's PAW for week 2
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 06:45:28 +0100

Michael,

You have yourself anticipated my comments. When I first saw the image it took me
just a second to realize that here was a person. I like the unusual composition,
but I think that a wider lens would probably have done a better job conveying
the emptiness of the place.

I think that this image really shows how empty the place is:
http://www.mabot.com/paw02/wk2alt2%200112-0424.html
If there were a person sitting somewhere in the far reaches of this frame, it
would be a really dynamite shot.

Anyway, well done and I look forward to more.

As for your question about what is permissible: while this is a Leica list and
there is a bias towards posting Leica images, non-Leica ones are certainly
permissible. If you look at my PAWs from last year, you will see some shots made
with a Fuji medium format camera; of the three pictures I posted this week (i.e.
2002 week 2), two were taken with a Rollei 35 and one with a Leica M6.

Most of my PAWs are done with Leica simply because most of my shooting is with
Leica equipment, but if I have a non-Leica image that I want to post, I
certainly do not let its non-Leicaness stop me.

Nathan