Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW week 2
From: Arne Helme <Arne.Helme@stelvio.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:31:48 +0100

Nathan,

when I grew up my grandfather was the one who took all the photos of us
children.  The camera he used was a Rollei 35.  He passed away 10 years ago,
and since then the Rollei has been in my possession.  I like it a lot too.
However, it is not entirely intuitive to use.  I tend to forget that the
shutter needs to be cocked before the lens can be lowered into the camera
body.  Loading film is also a pain At the moment mine has locked up
completely, and I need to find a skilled repair person that can have a look at
it.  Those of you who find the Ms difficult to load and use should definitely
spend some time practicing either with a Leica O or the Rollei 35 :-).

I find it difficult to comment on your PAW #2 beyond saying that it looks good
to me.  It is evident that you have been practicing composition in landscape
photography, and also managed to make very nice photo under conditions when
other of us would probably ended up with greyish dull photo.  BTW, how did you
focus with the Rollei?  Did you set the lens at infinity or did you use the
DoF scale?
Like the O, the Rollei 35 needs to be focused by estimating the distance to
the subject.

- -- Arne