Subject: RE: [Leica] M Durability
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:59:52 -0500

It's pretty simple, Bob, not that you and I will ever agree - With
incredibly rare exception - and I can't think of such an exception off hand,
but I'm sure one exists - a 40 to 50 year old USED mechanical device is not
going to be as the latest well built version of the same device. Better
build quality? Sure, from an engineering standpoint. But the M6 is a damn
well built camera. We're not talking Leicas and Brownies here.

So enjoy your M3 - it's a truly wonderful 1950s machine.

B. D.

And I know the rangefinders don't fall out, Bob, but they do become harder
and harder to use. And the shutter mechanism CAN go out in an instant. And,
sure, one should have backup bodies.