Subject: [Leica] unscannable Delta 3200?
From: DRP <Didier.Roubinet@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:43:15 +0100

Hi list

I'm still trying to scan this nice BW from neg, but I get huge "grain"
probably due to diffraction at 2400dpi (HPS20 filmscanner)

Before giving up, I wanna try two other directions:

- - finer grain developement (Ilfotec DDX or microphen)
- - scan on other filmscanners at different dpi  (2700, 2820, 2900... ) and
see diffraction's evolution.

Any tip or user advice?

Somebody wrote me he could only scans positives from the wet darkroom.
I'd really like to play further directly from the neg inside Photoshop and
print quadtones...

Thanks and best regards

Didier

PS