Subject: Re: [Leica] NYC this weekend - SOHO
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspw.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:26:07 -0500 (EST)

andy,

thanks for the great info.  i'm ashamed that though i was born in manhattan
and lived or worked here for a total 26 years and counting, i don't know
squat about most of the city... particularly south of midtown.  my dad
was a prof at columbia and i also got my degrees there, so my
neighborhood was more like 120th street and amsterdam ave.  my NYU friends
always seemed to have much cooler hangouts.

there's always so much stuff to photograph in NYC.  for months i drove past
the 911 victim's wall on the west side highway and 52nd street 6am
every morning.  at the traffic light, i'd look over to the right and think
about photographing it.  but now of course, the wall is gone.

good luck on your project.  and when the weather is nicer i'll check out
the neighborhood.

- -rei