Subject: [Leica] Re: Weeks #2 & #3
From: "Neal Friedenthal" <neal@nairobisafari.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:56:16 -0500

John,
Thanks for correction my site address posting (I'm still learning this stuff). You were right about the compression problem, the negative is a bit soft to start with
add to that the problem with the compression and you end up with a very soft posted image. Because of the softness of the original image and the heavy grain
of the 800 film I was limited as to how much cropping I could do. I know I could have moved closer but this was a grab shot and I didn't want to break the
mood. I manipulated the light as much as I could to draw the eye to Owen and the dog and I feel that the clutter adds to the casual mood of the shot. I did see
your idea  for the crop and would have considered it if the image could have stood up to it,,unfortunately it couldn't. Thanks for your comments and the help
with the site post, come back in the weeks to come.  This week I'm shooting with a 70+ year old model A, we'llsee what I can turn out with it.
Neal
<http://www.photoneal.com>