Subject: [Leica] NYC this weekend - SOHO
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:08:59 EST

<<The area is in a state of rapid change, some

> not all that good.  Many global brands are now establishing downtown a

> presence in this neighborhood, including Louis Vuitton, Prada, Chanel and

> the like.  Most of them respect the existing architecture, but some tear

> down the old structure and put in a new one that is not necessarily

> reflective of the neighborhood's character.  A number of buildings have been

> or are being converted into Condominium lofts.  Commercial Rental space,

> according to one local resident I ran into in a coffee shop, is reaching

> $40,000 to $50,000 per month.  The rise in rents has driven many artists and

> art galleries (especially, the ones that need lots of space) out of the

> neighborhood.>>
Hi Andy,

Dont' forget the spectacular "camera views" in SoHo at The Photo Village, Inc.

At 594 Broadway, between Prince and Houston, I believe I am the ONLY Leica
dealer in SoHo and you can guess with my grand opening being on 9/5/01, I am
paying for the privledge.

I also lived in NoHo (across the St. from Tamarkin actually) for 15 years
until the rents pushed me out of the city. I'm now living in the East
Village...another great place to photography btw.

On Sat. I'll be open from about 12-8pm in case you want to visit and chat...

bests,
rich
www.photovillage.com

Replies: Reply from Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net> (Re: [Leica] NYC this weekend - SOHO)