Subject: Re: [Leica] Used M3 came today - have questions
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:32:39 -0400

Ted:

Unless you got the camera very cheap, you may be better off sending it back
to the seller.

It sounds like there are problems with your finder.  The frame lines should
also be changing when you put the 50mm lens on.  In the M3 the 50mm frame
is always visible, but the 90mm and 135mm frames are masks that move
dependant on which lens is fitted.  These frame lines are selected based on
the width of one of the lugs of the mount.

Regards,

Robert