Subject: Re: [Leica] Long Telephoto lenses for M cameras
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 21:29:25 -0500

At 05:57 PM 1/18/02 -0800, Frank Filippone wrote:
>I would like to understand the Telyt lenses for the Visoflex.... They were
>made for a long time, and there seem to be many versions....  Which are the
>really great lenses in this mount?

The list isn't all that long, but the best of a fine lot, in my estimation,
is the second version of the 5/40cm Telyt.  That is one magnificent lens.
The others are really solid performers, of course.

(For the REALLY best performance, of course, a Questar is the way to go ... )

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!