Subject: Re: [Leica] .......need help on minilux error code......
From: Joseph Yao <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 14:47:32 +0800

Olivier,

Error code 'E01' means the shutter assembly in the lens has 'failed'.  This
could be a shutter failure, or simply the connection between the shutter
assembly and the main circuit board within the lens has failed.  Since the
lens extends and retracts every time the camera is turned on and off, the
flexible circuit strip between the lens and main circuit is prone to
fatigue.

This is a fixable problem and you are looking at a repair bill in the region
of US$100-200, depending on where you are.

Regards,

Joseph