Subject: Re: [Leica] Will Ravenel's PAW 2 Posting
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 07:56:55 +0100

Hi Will,

A nice scene to be sure. This is how you come up with your material: by
observing the life around you, by always having a camera with you and by
being ready to capture the slices of life that interest you. There is no
magic formula other than shooting as much as your time allows, posting your
work, and learning from the comments of some of the truly eminent
photographers we have here on the list.

One of the PLUGs tongue-in-cheek rules states, "Traveling to exotic places
does not make you a great photographer. It makes you a tourist" or
something to that effect. This is very, very true. I take the best pictures
right here where I live, or if traveling, in places which I know very well.
Judging from other people's work, the same is true for them.

Nathan