Subject: Re: [Leica] leicas in the rain
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 10:57:01 -0500

At 10:12 PM 1/18/02 -0400, you wrote:

>At 07:57 PM 18/01/02 -0500, Bobgoldstein@aol.com wrote:
>>I'd like to acquire a high quality 35mm camera for use in a foggy, rainy,
>>sea-spray environment.  I would therefore love to use a 35mm rangefinder
>>Leica probably with a 50mm lens.  Does the famous Leica build quality
>>extend to protection that could be called weatherproof?
>>
>>Bob Goldstein  408/253-4489

I've dropped my M6's in rivers, dried them out and kept using them;
however, when returning from the trip, I always send them to Leica to be
cleaned thoroughly.  If you get them wet and they stay wet, parts will rust.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com
images available from http://www.pdiphotos.com