Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Eric's PAW
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 21:25:23 -0800

Eric lad,
Take this from someone who has 4 children and 10 grand children with one son
at the moment of 50 years and the pictures of him starting from a baby to
this very day are treasures beyond description!  As a baby and during his
growing time he was one of my early "models" and how I learned to use light.

I used all my children as subjects and models as they came along, learning
so much from built in models, actually the youngest daughter at age 4 was a
very well paid model for several commercials and other types of promotional
events.

Heck on one shoot she made more money than the photographer.;-)

As far as posting your images on the paw go for lad, hell it's still
probably the best place to get reasonable comment and improvement
suggestions if they're required.

And whomever told you not to post them as PAW just tell that person........
"stick it in your ear!" And carry right on. :-)

>>I was hoping to get feedback as to how I could shoot pics of my kid more
as pieces of a portfolio than as family snapshots. <<<<

Well one suggestion, try not to pose her too often, look for those moments
when she's not aware your shooting her. I know she's not very old, however,
there are still moments by available light when you can capture very
endearing moments that all the posing in the world wont give you.

The biggest thing is patients to just wait and watch, but when it happens
you better have that camera in hand, as close to being in focus as it can be
and the exposure right on the mark.

Keep 'em coming as everyone knows this is a "personal project" and quite
frankly they're the very best to work on, as you don't have any visually
challenged editor telling you how to do it!
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Eric's PAW)