Subject: Re: [Leica] Photos: Some preliminary Scala (and others)
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 21:55:36 -0800

Don, thanks for your comments!

Scala is wonderful film, but I am still getting the hang of it.  It
behaves more like Ektachrome than B&W negative film, that is for sure.
On this shoot I would have been better off with some Delta 100 or even
Plus-X I think, as I had a very wide luminosity range and, shooting the
Heliar 15, no split density filters to tame the sky.  Photoshop is
another possibility, but again, I'm still getting the hang of it  too.

Thanks especially for your comment about the other B&W image, of the
other people on the top of the peak.  It is hard to tell, but there is a
woman taking a snap of her friends - I thought that would be neat, but
it is hard to see.  I kind of like the super-high perspective, but I
understand what you say with respect to the relationship between the
photog and the subjects.  That is something I have to be more cognizant
of when I compose.

I threw in the tree shots (from an OM-1n) because I know how much the
LUG participants love tree shots ;-)  Manzanita is really cool.

Back to work on taming the Scala!

Thanks again,
- - marc

Message from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Photos: Some preliminary Scala (and others))