Subject: Re: [Leica] re: protect leica in backpack
From: "thomas schofield" <tdschofield@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 10:58:28 -0800

The R double caps are great.  The M ones suck.  They are hollow, so 2 wide
angles will hit each other's rear elements.  Better to glue two normal caps
together for the M lenses, so you don't have to stop and think about whether
the two lenses you are going to put together are compatible.

I find the double caps nice even if you are not putting two lenses together
in the bag.  When you are changing lenses, just bayonet the lens you took
off onto the back side of the cap on the lens you are putting on, and then
twist off the lens you are putting on the camera --no fumbling for lens
caps.

Tom Schofield