Subject: Re: [Leica] re: protect leica in backpack
From: Robert Stevens <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:58:07 -0400

Steve:

I was climbing a Mountain and not being in the best of shape, I decided to
leave the R's behind and carry a M6 with three lenses.  I used the 35mm and
50mm Summicrons and the thin 90mm TeleElmarit.  This all fit in a waist
belt, which also had a couple of pockets for carrying my water.  I had
thought of wrapping the lenses in something, but decided since I had a
spare pair of socks in there, I might as well save the weight and use the
socks.

BTW, pictures from this trip convinced me the 90mm thin Tele Elmarit wasn't
such a great lens for scenics.  It flared too much and didn't have the
resolution of the other two lenses.  It was the same as the 135mm Hector I
was playing around with last week.  They are both great lenses for
portraits and general photography, but shoot slide film and scenics with
them it they aren't that great compared to the modern lenses.

Regards,

Robert