Subject: [Leica] My Leica...Bad Experience!
From: Justin Goh <sunsetat7@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 02:08:07 -0800 (PST)

Greetings to All,
I just want to share my bad experience from Leica. I
bought my Leica M6 TTL body with the 90 mm lens and
Motor M last September. I was going for my Christmas
holiday to another country and will be attending a
family and friends' reunion last Christmas season and
was about to bring along my Leica body and lens
together with me when something happened. I didn't put
my first roll 'til December as I was pretty confident
that nothing's gonna happen with it. On my 3rd frame,
after I can't cock the shutter anymore; when I opened
tha camera back, I had to take out the unused film and
saw for myself that the shutter was split into two.
Well, it was split in a way that the other curtain was
loose from some sort of a metal frame between the two
shutter cloths (I believe it's the first and second
curtain). I immediately took my camera to the agent to
get it checked as I wasn't forcing anything on the
virgin roll. To my surprise, the Leica technician said
that it was a 'factory defect' and they will have to
send the body to Germany for repair and was told that
it will take 3 long months to get it back. I didn't
even get the chance to see the result of the first
film as it was already exposed. That really hurt me
and wrote a mail to Mr. Horst Braun of Leica if I can
get a brand new body as a replacement for the faulty
body as I've never even put on the camera around my
neck. I never got ANY response or comments from him or
from anybody from Leica. 'Hope somebody's listening
here from Leica to give some comments. Are you getting
the same service from Leica?
Mark