Subject: Re: [Leica] My Leica...Bad Experience!
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <gilplant@hvc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:30:04 -0500

on 1/21/02 12:38 PM, G. Michael Paine at mickeyp35@earthlink.net wrote:

> At 2:08 AM -0800 1/21/02, Justin Goh wrote:
>> Are you getting
>> the same service from Leica?
>
> Justin.
> Well to add my 2cents worth. I ordered a 90mm 2.8 in June. It focused
> very stiffly and after a week or so of use the focus ring jammed. I
> sent it to NJ, which in turn sent it to Germany. After almost three
> months it came back.  But still focused very stiffly. I call NY and
> Mike told me to send it back to NJ.
> To my surprise I received a replacement lens in the mail within a
> week. The focus ring is much better though still not as creamy smooth
> as my Summicron 50/2.0.
> But at least they did not fiddle the second time around, someone just
> made the decision to a functioning lens in my hands.
> Michael

I had nearly the same experience with a new 90/2.8 this fall, except I
didn't wait a week for the ring to jam, I took it to Leica NJ personally and
they sent me a new one in a couple of days. That was in November and I still
haven't seen my rebate check - the replacement lens came with its warranty
already registered. I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow.

Gilbert

Replies: Reply from "Harold Gess" <Harold.Gess@btinternet.com> (Re: [Leica] My Leica...Good Experience!)