Subject: Re: [Leica] Whoa! Vuescan revisited! Does your computer reboot when you run Vuescan?
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:48:28 -0500

Well- I figured that a long subject line might be of help. I noticed earlier
that someone had had trouble with the new version of Vuescan, and was
requesting the earlier version. Well- I tried running the new version, and
when I went to calibrate the Scan Dual, it suddenlt rebooted, and sent oll
the Vuesscan files to the FOUND.000 directory after running the scandisk
utility on re-booting!
It turned out that I had loaded the Windows 2000 'HOTFIX' pre-SP3 update,
and it bolluxed the whole thing.
After removing the 'upgrade' things are working with the Vuescan and the
Minolta Scan Dual! I just thought I'd warn anyone out there with Win2K
Professional to watch those socalled 'upgrades'- they can cause a lot of
trouble!
Dan