Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW week 3: US imperialism in Germany
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:27:20 -0600

on 1/21/02 1:09 AM, Nathan Wajsman at wajsman@webshuttle.ch wrote:

> http://www.wajsman.com/2002_3.jpg
> (M6,Fuji Acros, 24mm Elmarit)

I'm with you on the people. Got to have them in there IMO. Lose the people
and your BG is just flat and plain. I don't think there would be enough in
the shot with it's cart repetition to hold you here for long. The people
also balance the contrast back in the corner with the front left dark carts.
The people are all spaced out nicely too, all 4 faces toward the camera are
nicely visible. It also helps show how a good number of people only makes a
small dent in the sea of carts :) My only complaint is that it feels unlevel
sloping down on the right side...yes, no?

> http://www.wajsman.com/2002_3alt1.jpg
> (M3, 50mm Summilux, Maco 820 IR film)

I like the shot but feel like I need some more solid foreground...and maybe
your dog running toward you ;)

- --
John
Chicago, IL