Subject: Re: [Leica] re: protect leica in backpack
From: Bryan Caldwell <bcaldwell51@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 06:07:43 -0800

On 1/22/02 1:53 AM, "leica@davidmorton.org" <leica@davidmorton.org> wrote:

> Jeffery Smith wrote:
>
> "I neat trick to prevent lenses from clacking against one another in the bag
> is to take two rear lens caps, sand their flat ends, and glue them together
> with a high quality epoxy (the kind that comes in two separate tubes to be
> mixed, not super glue)."
>
> A simpler and less time consuming method is to buy the gadget Leica makes to
> do this, it costs about 9 quid (call it $12).

The problem with the Leica lens coupler (at least the M version) is that it
is just a ring, it's not solid in the middle. If you remove one lens, the
other isn't protected. It also will not work with certain wide angle lenses
coupled to each other - the protrude too far in the rear. If you glue to
rear lens caps together, the result will work with all lenses and protect
the rear element when just one lens is connected.

Bryan