Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V21 #268
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:06:31 -0800

At 03:22 PM 1/21/2002 -0800, Jeffery Smith wrote:
>While I have your attention, is there some easy way to put something
>protective on my M3 viewfinder eyepiece? It is destroying my plastic lens in
>my glasses. My left lens looks like worms have been nibbling at the surface

Jeffrey:  I think these eyeglass protectors will do the trick for you.  I
use them myself.  They're on Stephen Gandy's
site:  http://www.cameraquest.com/glasprot.htm

You could also make a protector out of a wide piece of (pardon the
expression) BLACK TAPE (the smooth plastic kind), cut with a razor blade,
exacto knife, or similar.  Punch out the center of the material with a
looseleaf paper punch, then enlarge with the knife.

I also tried a piece of Dr. Scholl's moleskin.  The trouble with that is
it's flesh-colored material, which can be distracting.  A bit of work with
a black magic marker can fix that.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA