Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Success crisis
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:00:41 -0800

All Paws are divided into 3 pads!
I think the more unseparated our process is from the doing through to
the talking the better.

Nothing has more weight than example.
A lot more weight than conviction that's for darn sure.

Our name is The Leica Users Group so it's all about using. The using of
Leicas. The unsticking of shutters. And yes other rangefinders exist and
get mentioned.
And the R system.

Used to be it seemed like we were all talk no do.
Now is it we are are all do no talk?
Do be do be do.  (Frank Sinatra)

No the doing it seems had made for more and better talking.
I'd like to think that the spirited and positive conversation has made
for more shooting. And i do think that's the case.

But The art of criticism may be more difficult than the art of
photography itself. And we have much to learn.
Once some real criticism starts to be more often givin out we can learn
the art of responding to it without going to pieces.

So i hope Brian can find ways to keep the paws intact without the
clipping of claws.
I know that if there is a way of doing it Brian will find it.
If not i do think it's a darn shame.

Not that i look at and respond to all the Paws.
Sometimes i Paws to refresh!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com