Subject: Re: [Leica] Success crisis
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:26:54 -0800

I think the PAWs should stay on the main list.  I don't think we should
separate talking about our real photographs from talking about
photography.  Funny how we say: "Shut up and take pictures (and show them
to us)."  Then when people do just that, we wonder how to deal with it.  :-)

Plus, there are already too many RF lists to keep track of as it is.  And
if last year is any indication, a significant number of people will drop
out after the first month or two.

Everybody doing or commenting on PAWs should make sure that the string
"PAW"  (or some other agreed-upon convention) is in the subject line.  Most
mail programs have "filtering" capability, which can easily divert incoming
mail to an alternate folder.  All it takes is a few clicks.  Then you can
create a filtering rule that says  If the Subject line contains "PAW" move
to the folder "In-PAW."

If you get the digest, as I do, you can still read only those subjects that
interest you by using your mail programs search/find feature.  Just look at
the subject list.  Choose a couple of adjacent key words from each subject
you're interested in.  Type or paste them into the search/find. Read the
first message found.  Then hit Ctrl-F, Enter (or whatever else your program
uses to bring up and execute the last find).  Repeat until there are no
more examples found.  Go back to the beginning of the digest.  Do the
routine for the next subject you want.  Repeat until done.

My $0.02.
- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA