Subject: Re: [Leica] Success ..Toms suggestion
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:32:51 -0600

 Tristan Tom sez about Leica Gallery:

> this allows you to post your images and solicit comments about them in a
fast easy efficient manner. further, it allows all the submitted images to >
be browsed on one site,

Well, that is all fine for you, Tom, but I regret to report that my Picture
A week is not aimed at the Leica Users group.
<gasp!>
 I post them as a courtesy to the group.  If I get some decent feedback,
that's nice.

I take my pictures for myself, and I have a nice following on my website
from people from my beloved Natchitoches.

I could care less about posting images in an efficient manner.   If I think
they are a good enough document of this place and this time they go up.

I have control of my website, (as long as I pay the modest bill) and my pals
and my family can see the work that I do that concerns them without wading
through confusing posts from other people.

Do you not like to see my PAW?  Delete it!  I ALWAYS put my name and that it
is my PAW in the subject line.  Easy.  Don't want to hear my comments?  Put
me on ignore.  Want to see only PAW at some times, make a folder and make a
rule that sends all PAW material to that folder.  That's what I do.

Can't do that with your email client?  Get one that does those things.

Whew.

(steps off the soapbox, and picks up the Leica IIIG to exercise the shutter
a little bit.)

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com