Subject: [Leica] Focus Of The LUG
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 21:31:34 -0500

We are a disparate group.  Many of us are picture people:  we take
pictures, we post them to web sites, we critique them, we discuss them.

Others of us are gear freaks.  We worry about whether version one of the
Elmalux had six screws or seven, and whether they were Whitworth Thread or
Colen Standard, and sweat about the serial numbers of the 2/174 Ted Grant
Commemorative Nevercron.

Some of us are collectors, despite the name of our List.  We worry over
whether there were really six versions or eight of a given gizmo, and worry
more over we have all six or eight or whatever.

Some of us are a mixture of the above.  Some of us are just individuals,
and do our own thing and be happy for it.

This is a big and wide and expansive and, truly, inclusive, group.  We are
big enough, and large enough, to allow for all strains and types of those
interested in the breed.  I would hope that we can keep it this way.

Me?  For me, photography is intensely private and I rarely share my
pictures with anyone else.  I am interested in the gear, and am a student
of the camera and its off-shoots.  And, bluntly, a Leica RF is my camera of
choice and is what I know and use as a 35mm tool.  But I don't hammer nails
with mine!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!