Subject: RE: [Leica] iPhoto
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:05:54 -0500

Thanks

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Brian Reid
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 12:46 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

> A question for Brian: Can scanned
> film images be uploaded into iPhoto, or only images being uploaded
directly
> from digital cameras.

If you have iPhoto open, and you drag an image or folder of images and drop
them onto it, they will be added to it as if they came from a digital
camera. I've tried JPEG and TIFF files. I assume it will also work with GIF
but I have not tried it.

The current version of iPhoto has trouble reading the TIFF files that
Vuescan produces, but if you run them through Photoshop first, or if you
produce Jpegs with Vuescan, it works fine. I'm quite confident that,
whatever is the incompatibility between Vuescan and iPhoto 1.0, it will be
fixed in iPhoto 2.0