Subject: [Leica] Re: Acupan 200
From: allan <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:06:02 -0500

> Best thing I've found to tame TMax 400 is Ilford Perceptol diluted 1:3 -
> long development times but it gives very printable negs with most of the
> film's toe and shoulder oddities well under control. It's not bad in Xtol
> either and acceptable in D-76, just don't like the look in TMax dev - think
> you feel the same!
>
> David Prakel

David, thanks for the information.

I've given TMY a reprieve. I'm taking the suggestions I've gotten and trying
another round of developing. I've used Agfa's and Ilford's T-Max equivalents
with great success, so I thought using Kodak stock would be just as
rewarding. The bottom line is, will it give good results without having to
change long-time work habits. The advantages must outweigh the trouble.

Allan